<< Back

This job listing is no longer active.
Please use our Environment Jobs Search to find current vacancies.

Title  

Research Assistant

Reference     (Please mention Stopdodo/Environment Jobs in your application)
Sectors   Nature Conservation (Terrestrial Ecology)
Location   England (South Central)
Town/City   Oxford
Salary   £20k to £27k
Type   Fixed Term and Permanent Roles
Status   Full Time
Level   Mid Level
Company Name   Global Canopy Programme
Contact Name  
Telephone   01865 724333
Fax   01865 724222
Website   Further Details / Applications
Also Listing:
Description  

We are seeking a talented researcher who shares our conviction who is highly committed to helping us achieve our mission. The role will sit within the Supply Chains programme and work across the projects, including on Forest 500 and Trase. You will be focused the majority of the time (60%) on the Forest 500 project (www.forest500.org), where you will assist with research tasks, including actor profiling and oversight of the assessment process. The remaining time (40%) will be spent assisting with other programme needs, including research work for the Trase project (www.trase.earth).

RESPONSIBILITIES

  1. Forest 500 (60%)

    1. Oversee the assessment process of powerbrokers, including working with consultants to deliver the assessments of companies and financial institutions, and ensuring assessment delivery meets project deadlines

    2. Maintain powerbroker profiles on the Forest 500 website, ensuring content is accurate and up-to-date

    3. Assist with project research needs as they arise, including data analysis for reports and other communications

  2. Trase (40%)

    1. Assist with data processing for the Trase platform database

    2. Conduct data analysis in support of major donor deliverables, including the annual yearbook

    3. Support bespoke research projects such as for key NGO, government, and private sector partners.

    4. Conduct research in support of communications activities

KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES

Essential

  • University degree in environmental studies, policy, law or other related degree, or 2+ years of working on commodity supply chains

  • Demonstrated research skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy when researching and ability to clearly communicate findings

  • Strong time management skills, and calm in situations with tight deadlines

  • Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas and teach others

  • An interest in commodity-driven deforestation

  • Proficient Excel user and strong data management skills

Preferred

  • Fluent in a language other than English, ideally Mandarin, Spanish, French or Portuguese

  • Experience managing others

Attachments
AttachmentSize
ResearchAssistant.pdf 114.39 KB

 

<< Back